Partagas serie D No 4
If there is one particularly famous cigar factory in Havana, it is Partagas. The factory was opened in 1845 by Don Jaime Partagas and it has been making the cigars that bear his name ever since.
A Partagas is immediately recognisable by its deep, earthly flavour. The character of its blend springs from a selection of filler and binder tobaccos grown in the Vuelta Abajo zone and chosen for their unmistakable richness of flavour and aroma.
The best known of all Partagas is the Serie D No. 4, the robusto size that formed part of the legendary Partagas alphabet series that dates back to the 1930’s. In 2005 a Piramide, the Partagas Serie P No. 2, was added to the range, which fast became a cigar of choice amongst lovers of full flavoured Habanos. In 2011 the Serie D No. 5 and the heavy ring gauge Serie E No. 2 extended the alphabet series once again.